Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas For The Critters

With all the recent reporting on sad animals stories (the South Korean oil spill, the sickening gorilla slaughter, and killing of elephants for human coffe consumption) it is now time for something good.


Photo: www.bigskymontananet.com

The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone, Montana is now in the midst of "Christmas for the Critters." The public is invited to donate treats for the wolves and bears. It was reported that all the animals "have been very good this year" and are deserving of special Christmas treats. This is an annual event at the center.

From the newspaper: The Christmas list for the bears include jars of peanut butter, jam, honey, corn oil, and unsalted nuts. The wolves would enjoy hamburger, spices, extracts, and perfumes in their stockings. To ensure the safety of the animals pleases bring only unopened items. 'They've been good for goodness sake!'

(The wolves don't eat the spices and perfumes, they are aroused like a cat on catnip by various scents.) So if anyone is in the area, please take a Christmas treat to these animals. I guess shipping treats would be fine, too. I planned on going but my car is out of commission:( I believe the treats are accepted up until Christmas Day. The Center is even open that day.

Here's a bit about the center:
Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center


Photo: JeffThomson.org

5 comments:

Livingsword said...

Merry Christmas Heavenabove!

What a cool story!

Here’s some questions for you…

What is your favorite peanut butter? Jam? Spice? Perfume?

heavenabove said...

For fun, anyone reading this post should answer the questions from Livingsword.

I prefer chunky peanut butter-no particular brand. I'm also partial to orange marmalade most of the time. Spice, hands down, is crushed red pepper. I put that on everything, including my peanut butter-marmalade sandwiches. Perfume-I like a good variety of scents but I don't use perfumes a lot. If they made it, my favorite perfume would be the smell of rain on a warm summer's day.

Anyone else?

Astro Galaxy said...

Is chocolate Nutella consider a jam ? If yes, I vote for jam.

BTW, heavenabove, how have you been, I haven't heard from you for some time... Hope everything is well!
I would like to wish you a
MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS !

Cheers !

Louise said...

just wanted to stop by and wish you a merry christmas heavenabove,

peanut butter? I'm a crunchy girl,
Jam is definetely blackberry, preferably homemade and perfume, Van der Built, or sandalwood oil.

Anonymous said...

I love crunchy peanut butter, on hot buttered toast, any brand will do. Jam, well definetly blackberry, preferably home made and pefume, I love Van der Built,
(now I'm feeling hungry)