Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Why this blog was created

I am trying to set up a blog so that people who love animals (live ones) can share stories, photos, thoughts, concerns, pets,ceducational materials, good hiking trails, good vegetarian meals, environmental concerns, or whatever else. We need a place where we can talk freely without continuously having to defend our views. I have become sick of all the anti-wolf and bear nonsense. I am sick of the buffalo "hunt" around Yellowstone where they are killed as soon as they cross the invisible boundary. I am sick of prairie dog town massacres for weekend fun. I am sick of people telling tales of how fun it was to blast some animal away so they can have their head on a wall. This blog comes out of an enlightening blog conversation that all started with my friend sending me a picture of a little girl that killed a grizzly up in Alaska. Please take a look at the Outdoors Page of a Newspaper link at the uppermost right side of the page. It gives a good look into the mindset of some people.

I ask that language and pictures be kept clean. Try not to personally attack anyone, as this was not the intention for the creation of this blog. Please do not use the real names of others for privacy reasons.

I am new to blogging and I do not really know how to use it properly yet, so BEAR with me.

No comments: