Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Let The Birds Fly


I was reading about a problem in North Dakota. They want to kill MILLIONS of red-winged blackbirds because the birds may eat up some of the profits of some large agricultural production company. I forget exactly what company. Seems like we have plenty of food in this country. Heck, go to any restaurant and see just how much food is really wasted (I have worked in the business most of my life so I know first-hand). People are starving around the world and we throw good food out. Birds have been eating seed since the beginning of time and big ag corporations like this still still found a way to make huge profits. They want to poison the birds, however, this would also kill any number of other birds, animals, and insects. So what if birds eat the seeds and grain? We have enough. What greed!

(picture from www.tamstuart.com/Slide%20Show%202003/pages)

No comments: