Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Geese Butchered & Left In Parking Lot


A couple weeks ago several white geese were found strewn about a local business parking lot. Goose hunting season had ended before this. These poor beautiful geese had the breast meat cut off of them. The rest of their bodies were shamefully discarded around the lot. Wildlife officials had been called in to investigate the incident and the business owner had "no comment." He was also instructing people to pick up the bodies and stuff them into trash bags and toss them into the dumpster-this was after knowing that the scene was supposed to be left intact until the wildlife officials could investigate the crime scene. Sounds fishy on his part. So far, I haven't heard any new information on this.

The crime against these geese was as sickening to me as this past year's antelope poaching crime. Also, last summer in Pennsylvania was perhaps an even grosser, twisted scene when a mom dog and all her puppies were found lying by a creek-all had been skinned. I'm grateful that I do not have sick thoughts against animals such as the ones some obviously troubled individuals turn into reality. My heart goes out to all the animal victims of these horrendous crimes.

Photo: freenaturephotos.com

NOW FOR SOMETHING ENJOYABLE


Livingsword has passed on another humbling award to me. What can I say? God and nature go hand in hand. God created it all and without Him I would have no animals or great places to enjoy.

I would like to pass this on to Victorya. Truly an inspiring person! Her beauty shines through in her words. She is also a person gifted with strong animal bonding, especially to her beloved Penny.

4 comments:

Livingsword said...

Hi Heavenabove;

Very strange story…

You sure wonder what people are thinking, beautiful animals….

I remember the story you did about the antelope; I think I emailed it to a bunch of people.

Here is another sad story for you if you are interested…

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/01/09/bc-puppybeaten.html?ref=rss

I must say that award looks lovely adorning your blog!!!

You are a truly worthy recipient, keep up the good work. God is truly awesome, it is an incredible thing to experience life in His creation, and then to actually know Him is shocking…

Now I will go and have a look at Victorya’s place!

heavenabove said...

Amazing- what are the odds that we would be in the same place at the same time today in the blogsphere (or is it blogosphere)?

heavenabove said...

I just read the puppy story-not good at all. Downright sick and sad. I do believe that jail and/or a fine is insufficient. Clearly folks that commit these gruesome acts against animals have psychological issues that must be dealt with. The pup will also be in my prayers tonight even though he is already in Heaven. All these animals may right now be playing and frolicking happily with my dearly departed cats.

Trinity said...

Heavenabove, congratulations for your award!! :-) You are really deserved to receive this award.. your blog is inspiring and full of information I don't know before.