Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Penguins For A Friend

Astrogalaxy, this post is for you. These are the not so great pictures I took of the penguins at the Oregon Zoo. Notice how I tried to get a close up shot of one swimming by me. As a child, penguins were my favorite animal.







The Oregon Zoo was very nice. Lots of exotic species and a lush, green setting. Compare that to Zoo Montana, near my home. The zoo here is nice but small and only has a few species, most of which we can see anyway on a drive out to the mountains. We very recently got our first bear in there. His name is Bruno.

3 comments:

Astro Galaxy said...

Heavenabove,
Thank you so much and I'm very touched that you've made a post for me.
The penguins seems happy there and the enviroment also looks comfortable and not over crowding which is good.

Penquins were among my top favourites in animals too. I think we do share a lot in common! Cheers to you!

Livingsword said...

Hi Heavenabove;

You did a great job with these photos we were there on our vacation and it is not easy to get the photos you took!

I have always loved penguins…my favorite animal when grouping up was kangaroos…

The Oregon Zoo is quite good for a city of that size; we didn’t manage to make it to Zoo Montana but did go to the Calgary Zoo, Zoo Boise, Oregon Zoo and Woodland Zoo (Seattle) on our vacation…

:)

L

heavenabove said...

You really didn't miss much at Zoo Montana.