Saturday, July 21, 2007

Excitement Of The Day


(This incident happened before I went on my trip.)
I was out on my patio talking to a visitor when she told me that a prairie dog just ran behind a plant stand (actually a TV cart that I moved outside). I opened up a door. A wide-eyed prairie dog stared at frantically stared at me-also wide-eyed from surprise! I shut the door and left it alone then I left the house for about a 1/2 hour. When I came back and walked up to the patio, a sparrow was lying there partially chewed up. I figured the prairie dog must be having lunch. Sure enough, the little critter was still running around my patio and went back into the plant stand. Then it ran off as I was trying to get a good picture of it.

It has been coming around every day now for a while and as you can see it leaves quite a mess.

3 comments:

Livingsword said...

A prairie dog “drive thru”? You are good at collecting animals in your life, nice of you to provide your little friend with a “mobile home”. By the way I thought you may be interested, I have posted the mystery animal game for July on my blog! You may wan tot defend your title :)

Astro Galaxy said...

Prairie dog in your house! Wow !
I like this cute little animals. Got to see them in the zoo only.
I remembered I was standing there for almost an hour trying to take pictures of them.

Livingsword said...

Heavenabove you won!!!! The animal is an African wild dog. Come and pick up your prize, you are amazing!