Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Calming Canines


Watching big animals such as bears, bison, and wolves is always a treat. Sometimes we forget about taking the time to enjoy smaller, less "glamorous" animals such as coyotes. Watching theses coyotes was calming experience that particular sunny autumn day. The coyote above was pouncing about in the field looking for a snack. The coyote below was contently walking down the middle of the road until too many cars piled up. Then it went up a steep, rocky hill wher it waited for the traffic to disperse.


These are Yellowstone coyotes (big surprise?). I also had the priviledge of seeing 2 wolves from the Oxbow Pack. They are looking a bit fluffy and ready for the colder weather. Wolves are my favorite, but for some reason that day, the coyotes had my heart. They were just a pleasure to watch and think about.

Sure would be great to have telepathy to communicate with animals. Maybe Dr. Spock can help me.

More coyote information:
Desert USA's Coyote Page

4 comments:

Livingsword said...

Hi Heavenabove;

I love coyotes; I think a coyote was the “object” of one of my first “Creation” articles. They are so very adaptable and often come up with interesting ways to integrate with humans.

We have thousands of them in the Vancouver area (in the city of Vancouver alone the last estimate I believe was 1300 in the city).

I have seen 3-4 of them in the past 5 days and they always bring a smile to my face.

I wanted to let you know that I love your blog and want more people to see it and also to hear your dreams…so come to my “Life” blog and check out a meme I have tagged you with, I think you can do some interesting things with it and it is also in an easy format.

You should be able to find the meme no problem; just look for the flying pig…

…you have great coyote photos but how about a flying pig?

heavenabove said...

I have checked out your blogs to see what's up with the flying pig. Much thanks for your support. On my day off I will spend more time at the blogging. Canada sounds like a great place to be near wildlife. Makes me long to live closer to the mountains.

Oh yeah, I missed the first week of fantasy hockey so I am doomed anyway. Still it is fun and I will do it next year.

Livingsword said...

It’s never to late to join the Fantasy Hockey, trust me I forgot to put my players in this week and am stuck with my bad picks from last week!

FiKaLo said...

Wow, cool photos! It's amazing just how different the wildlife is in different countries. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get coyotes around here!

We do get foxes but unfortunately they're an introduced species, and tend to eat the native wildlife.

When I lived in the rural areas we would get animals like wombats and koalas; here in the suburbs it's usually possums and native birdlife - galahs, cockatoos, corellas, rosellas, all these wonderful nois and colourful Australian birds!

Yes, I totally agree, telepathy would be a handy skill!

Thanks for visiting A Humble Art Folio, and I hope you enjoy experimenting with drawing animals!