Friday, November 2, 2007

Just Slithering Around & Awards

This snake (probably a Western Terrestrial Garter Snake) has made a home in a pile of leaves under my bicycle. One day, it was resting on the patio and I didn't see it and nearly crushed it as I walked by. What a relief when I didn't. You probably never saw someone so excited to discover a snake living on their patio! Well, that's all I've been up to lately-slithering around in my busy world.


Sad to say there is hunting news I was going to report on but I have been so busy I forgot what the news was.

And now, on to the awards...

I have been tagged with 2 more neat and interesting awards through Livingsword. Both awards are to be passed on to notable other bloggers.


I will pass the above award on to the following bloggers:
Victorya
Waitress4Life
Louise

This second award I may be unable to accept. Lately, I have been quite preoccupied with the daily grind and have had little chance to connect with others the way I once used to. I do miss everyone and hope all is well.


I pass this one along to:
Louise
Amel

A while ago my post "And The Heavens Cried" was tagged for excellence by Livingsword. I am humbled and surprised by the award for this post. I do think it clearly shows my feelings about wildlife. It is me; it shows rawly the stuff I think about every day and feel deep within my soul.

I would like to pass this awesome award on the the following:

Victorya (Certainly a talented writer! Check out her other posts so see her amazing way with words.)
Angela May (Angela is very creative. This post made me laugh soooo hard and brightened may day.)
Skyblu (Always great thoughts well written about my favorite place. This is not saying that I hold or do not hold the same opinions, I just enjoy this blog and it makes me think.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for these awards, I am really chuffed! I love the commmunity aspect of blogging, and hope that some of my posts 'hit the spot'! I know yours do for me.
(I didn't lose much weight either!)

Angel of Delusion said...

Thank you for tagging me for excellence. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the musical post. I really need to write the other scenes.

I also checked out the post for which you were tagged for excellence. It is truely a heartbreaking story. I grew up in a family that hunted. It was out of necessity, big family with limited funds. I always remember my dad very seriously teaching us that animals were to be respected. Don't hunt what we aren't going to eat and aim well because it wouldn't be right for us to let an animal die in pain and agony.

Thank you for your commitment to making the world a better place.

Livingsword said...

Hi Heavenabove;


Your awards are deserved, I enjoy the passion you bring to your blog and the entailing thoughts you minister (I wanted to stealthily fit in a word with animal reference so I thought “entailing” was great as it makes me think of all the animal “tails” you are trying to save!).

I want to thank you for all your kind words and interactions over the months at Creation on the Blade in particular…often a blog is “made” by comments form guests as much as form the hosts articles…your comments make my blogs better and for that I am thankful…

Trinity said...

Wow... congratulations! This is my first time here, I come from Amel's realm. :-)

You have a nice blog!

Trinity from Rooms of
My Heart

heavenabove said...

Angel of Delusion, I am glad your Dad taught you to respect animals.

Hunting out of necessity is one thing but this sport hunting is something I cannot agree with. Even my own brother is a sport hunter, even though it is a once a year or every two year thing with him I do not support it.