Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Day Is Here

Be thankful for all the world's animals.


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day here in the United States. Millions of turkeys will be the main dish for feasts across the nation. I don't advocate eating turkeys one bit but I do encourage learning about them, especially Heritage turkeys (those that are native to the U. S.). I watched a story about the following turkey ranch and found it very interesting. There's lots of information about these beautiful birds and what makes them Hertiage breeds. There's even a turkey film and webcam.

Good Shepherd Turkey Ranch

Give the turkeys a break this year, eat something else-preferably no meat.

(photo: http://www.slowfoodusa.org/ark/narragansett.html)

4 comments:

Astro Galaxy said...

These turkeys looks superb.
I didn't know there was so many different breeds.
BTW, I also vote for "Give the turkeys a break this year".....
Does anyone kept them as pets ? They sure look smart & cute.

heavenabove said...

They are nice looking birds. Sadly, most people's pet turkeys become dinner sooner or later.

Think You... and Only You said...

Nice turkey! Is it real? You know, they make stuffed turkey so it looks real and that so perfect....

heavenabove said...

I couldn't say if it is alive or stuffed. I assume live but I know dead birds are stuffed up to look magnificant and tasty to those meat lovers.