Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Cat Is Sick

My cat Tidy will be 19 years old in June. She has extensive bladder cancer, a kidney stone forming, and a bladder stone forming. I have had her as a pet her whole life and half of mine. I know the she sounds very sickly from hearing all of this, but she gets around fine, eats well, drinks a lot, and is not as bad off as I would expect at this time. She is on some medication and a better diet. If anyone has helpful tidbits on how to make her life more comfortable until she tells me it's time to go, I would appreciate it.

1 comment:

Livingsword said...

Sorry to hear about your cat Tidy. In December we had to “put down” (is there a better term?) our dear dog Kimba that brought 13 years of joy to us. Pets can be such very good friends. I don’t know anything special to help with a sick cat but I am sure your love for Tidy is a source of comfort; you will be in my prayers.