Monday, April 30, 2007

Raising Ducks


I was sent 2 more duck eggs with the incubator I ordered for the mallard egg left on my lawn. I did not want more eggs but they are coming anyway. What the heck will I do with 3 ducklings?! I only have an apartment and I am sure waterfowl are not allowed. I don't even know what kind of ducks are going to hatch out of these new eggs. This is a funny but worrisome situation.

I was informed today of a proposal for a duck farm in Pennsylvania. People do not want it there for fear of water contamination and manure getting distributed around the area. I read a few newspaper articles about this. On April 25, they said they it was approved but then on April 26 they said it had not been appoved yet, so who knows-I don't live around there. Help these folks keep the duck farm out of there. The ducks will only be sent to slaughter anyway. 36,000 ducks!!!

1 comment:

Livingsword said...

Have fun with your ducks! It could be worse… you could be trying to fit in the 36,000 ducks… mind you how big is your apartment :]