Sunday, May 6, 2007

Cat Doing Fine


This is my cat sleeping on her warm blankets. She gets medicine twice a day and fluids when she starts getting "droopy" skin. I have been bit quite a bit trying to give her the pills and she does not like to sit still for as long as it takes to get all the fluids in (through a needle under her skin hooked up to an IV bag) -still a fiesty cat. She does have some litterbox troubles but she seems like any other ordinary old cat otherwise. She goes outside sometimes, she eats a lot, and can still jump up on stuff.

The duck eggs have been incubating for about 4 days now. I can see the embryos in 2 of them but the mallard egg has a thicker shell so I don't know if it is OK or not. The one egg that came was marked "SW"- I hope that does not mean swan! I heard of some duck called a Swede, too. We will see when they hatch.

1 comment:

Livingsword said...

For many years my wife and I had to administer pills to our dog Kimba for her epilepsy. She never bit us but seemed even after many years to think we were a bit weird, better than having seizures though.

Have fun with your trumpeter swan :]