Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A Diamond In The Rough


I've been told by 3 different people at various stages in my adult life that I am a "diamond in the rough." I was thinking about this today since I have a degree now. I wonder what is next for me, I wonder what it really means to be an "environmentalist," I wonder what it will be like to move up in economic status, and I wonder about other things of this nature. Even after 4 years of school and "professional development" I am still a diamond in the rough. I have not been polished on the outside. My mannerisms, language, looks, and personality are still the same and one would not know by talking to me that I am educated. Only my mind has been brilliantly cut. No worries though because a diamond in the rough is still a diamond.

Somehow all this ties in to animals, nature, and anti-hunting stuff. Soon it will all come together clearly.

And while I am on the subject, the saying "diamonds are a girl's best friend" does not hold true for all of us.

(photo:http://www.eternityweddingbands.com/education_cut.asp)

3 comments:

Livingsword said...

Ok... you got me...if it is not diamonds what is it? My wife would say chocolate but I think that is more of an essential food group than anything else :]

heavenabove said...

For me, it is just plain old rocks-igneous, sedimentary, metamorphic. They hold pieces of the Earth's history, just waiting to be deciphered. Rocks are my obsession. Even diamonds fit into this I guess but I would prefer one in the rough so I could marvel at the processes behind it.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.