Sunday, May 6, 2007

July 2004 Cinnamon Black Bear Death in YNP





This address is for "Friends of Slough Creek" and these picture belong to that site.
http://www.mff.vcn.com/new_mff/friend.htm
(For some reason I cannot get the link to work properly for the past few times so please get the link from my Favorite Site Links on the right.)
I ran across this website some time ago. I found it intersesting, especially after reading all of the comment and feedback on the proposed EA. I'm not sure what's up in Slough Creek now but when I get down to Yellowstone I will check it out. This area is famous wolf and bear habitat. Actually, I find the cinnamon bear's story sad and I want people to know that cracker rounds and poor training are a deadly combination. This bear's story should not be forgotten.

1 comment:

Livingsword said...

What a wonderful animal, such a sad story, anybody reading this should check out the link mentioned in the article.

I grew up in Yoho National Park in the heart of the Canadian Rockies (the B.C. side); we had an incredible amount of wildlife in the area including bears, I can only imagine how this would have effected me to see this happen or stumble across the remains.