Saturday, September 8, 2007

Alaska's Polar Bears Disappearing

As we've been hearing for some time now, polar bears are in big trouble due to global warming. Scientists report that these bears will be completely gone from Alaska by 2020 the ways things are going now. The Earth naturally falls into and out of warming and freezing cycles even if today's trend is mostly human-caused, hence we have periods of ice ages that come and go. Inevitably, the environment will change for polar bears (and everything else) naturally but since we are adding so much to this warming trend, we have the responsibility to repair what we can to keep these bears around in the wild.

National Geographic Polar Bear Information


Photo: www.komar.org/faq/churchill_polar_bear_tours/

4 comments:

Makena said...

This is a cool site that you have, but how do i change the picture behind the the title? Come visit my site, www.lemoneysplit.com.

heavenabove said...

sistermoon, I went to the lemon site but I couldn't leave a comment any way I tried-the box never came up. Your site made me thirsty for lemonade! I just changed my site to this new template so I'm glad it looks appealing to somebody.

Livingsword said...

Very fair, portrait of the situation, I know that in Europe the knowledge of the plight of the polar bear and therefore global warming has been “heated up” by the Berlin Zoo’s cute Knut baby polar bear.

We have a responsibility to be good stewards of our environment, part of being a good steward is guarding…the question is how do we strategically guard this precious gift?

Livingsword said...

By the way I want to encourage you in the adaptations you are making to your blog, it looks great! Thanks for all the hard work you put into it, I personally appreciate it very much.