Tuesday, September 25, 2007

National News May Add To Bear Troubles


Well, our bears made it to the national morning news shows this morning. Good Morning America or the Today Show. Maybe both. Quote: "The bears are wandering into places they don't belong." I laughed loudly at that statement but underneath I was quite irritated and disgusted. What a fantastic way to compound fears into the public. And how misinformed the public is about the nature and history of bears. I feel I have no choice but to write a compelling arguement to U. S. Fish, Wildlife, & Parks bear management experts and to leeader of these "bear ridden" towns to propose some changes to current bear management practices. Obviously, what we are doing now is not working. It is time comsuming and expensive to tranquilize and transport or euthanize bears every time they roam into "human" terrritory. It is traumatic to bears and to humans who have encounters with the bears. The money may be better spent elsewhere. I have certain things in mind but I will not discuss them at this time. I need to get my head straight and get it all down on paper in a professional manner.

No comments: