Monday, September 10, 2007

Good News For Southwestern Wolves


(Mexican Wolf photo: U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service National Image Library)

Indeed, the following is great news!

As reported by Defenders of Wildlife:

On June 26, 2007, The U.S. House of Representatives rejected an amendment to the Interior Department's spending bill that would have ended funding for southwest wolf recovery efforts. The proposal was defeated on a vote of 258-172.

In just over 24 hours, more than 31,000 wildlife supporters wrote their U.S. Representatives in support of federal efforts to save the 59 remaining southwest wolves and ensure this amazing animal's future in the Southwest, urging their Members of Congress to reject the amendment offered by New Mexico Representative Steve Pearce.


A big thanks to all who wrote in to support these animals.

4 comments:

Louise said...

so nice to have you back again! I hope the time away was good. I am enjoying being able to read your blog again. cheers

Victorya said...

I echo what louise said! Plus, I've always loved wolves and coyotes, such gorgeous animals!

Livingsword said...

Reading this article made my day, and also I admit made me angry, not an easy thing to do! Look at the picture of this magnificent animal! Look at it! How you could have only 59 of them and have somebody want to cut the little support they have away, what were they thinking?

Our lives are enriched by such animals, not just the ones we see every day but even those we will never see in person.

heavenabove said...

They think in terms of fear and money, I do believe.