Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ah, Yellowstone!


I am glad that a poster (postee?) decided that Yellowstone is now a must visit place! Oh, I could blab on endlessly about that place. I am obsessed with it and very fortunate to live within driving distance. Luckily for me with my recent environmental degree, I may now have a shot at being a naturlist or something there. Heck, I would love to even volunteer as a campground host or a retail employee just to be there-but that does not pay the bills. Animals, geology, biology, chemistry,great thunderstorms, camping and hiking, peace,and God all rolled into one beautiful, no-hunting, supervolcanic mountain ecosystem! Now really, what more could a person ask for?

I must say, I do prefer to camp. However, showers can be a long drive away and cost $3/shower. I really don't care to smell like food in bear country if I don't have to. I would also recommend a stay in the cabins at Canyon Village or in a room with a view of Old Faithlful. Anywhere a person stays in the Park, they will not be disappointed. For animal watching-don't expect to see bears and wolves by staying on the main roads (although you can at the right times)-take a patient hike and enjoy. For moose, I would just go down to the Grand Tetons since that's where I always see them at. I haven't seen a moose in the Park since I was a kid.

Also, I would be glad to check out other blogs so leave your URL. It's good to connect in even a small way with people from all around the world. I do have few links on the right to some other blogs of interest that I've found so far.

Oh, this geyser is in the Old Faithful area. I forget the name.

3 comments:

Livingsword said...

I have been to Yellowstone although it has been more than a few years. You have desribed it in a wonderful way, it is a very special place.

Astro Galaxy said...

Nice site you have here. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It's nice to see wildlife animals and places. In my country, there aint much places left for wildlife, buildings was going up fast. I always ended in the zoo or the bird park to see animals. Will continue to explore your site further. Keep up the good works.

Louise said...

Your blog is really lovely to look through. I love the images and photos and a good message. Really enjoyed it!