Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Stay Away, Fish!


I regretfully admit that I am going to teach a kid to fish in a couple weeks. The kid is begging to go fishing all of a sudden. I do not care to kill fish for sport, nor would I advocate harrassing them by ripping them out of the water on a hook and releasing them but I have an obligation to teach the kid. I figure in Yellowstone, it is mainly catch and release (except for certain species)and barbless hooks are required so we will go there-to the heart of bear and wolf country to fish a mountain stream for Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout. I hope to not even catch one but if we do, at least I know I will not be killing it. Sound hypocritical of me? Maybe but when God put's a kid's life in your hands, you have to do your best to support that kid even if you may not approve of everything they do or like (unless it is harmful or illegal activity). I may just get more use out of my bat counting waders.

The new website is going well. I put quite a bit of stuff on it but it is far from done. It's an addicting hobby but neat to learn about programming. Again, the link doesn't work in the posts so it's on the right above profile. Adding links can't be that difficult of a thing to get to work can it?

1 comment:

Graham Ettridge said...

What a beautiful blog! It is great to find somebody else who is so passionate about and the world around us. Your information about Yellowstone is so fascinating. I am a keen explorer and have just added Yellowstone to my list of "must visit" places. Thanks, keep up the amazing work!!!!!!!! I look forward to coming back and reading more (I've added your blog to my "favorite blogs" list on my blog)