Monday, June 4, 2007

Night Fliers


I am doing an interesting volunteer project next weekend. It is Montana's first BioBlitz-a Yellowstone River species count. They will be checking on plants, bird, fish, mammals, and the rest of the works. I am interseted in all types of species and don't really care what group I am involved with since it is all exciting to me. However, I did say I would prefer to help with the bats (I know they are mammals but they were grouped seperately from that category). I have always been a tad bit curious about bats. Once I was going to sign up to help a grad student identify bats in Yellowstone but I never could get the time off or the money to go. I have also looked at some New Mexico bat study opportunities. Don't ask me why I have a slight bat fetish. I don't know. I just think it would be a neat thing to do. Montana has 15 bat species listed and out of that 6 of them are labeled as Species of Concern.

A good bat website is available through the Favorite Site Links.

No comments: